Friday, April 1, 2011

NaBloPoMo

A while back I talked about something called NaNoWriMo which stands for National Novel Writing Month. I found out about it, as I probably already mentioned, through reading someone else's (I forget whose) blog.
Well, not only is there a NaNoWriMo but there is also something patterned on it that deals solely with blogs that is called NaBloPoMo or National Blog Posting Month.
Like NaNoWriMo the "official" month for doing it is November. Unlike NaNoWriMo though NaBloPoMo does unofficial months all the rest of the year.
Also different is the NaBloPoMo, perhaps to differentiate the official and the unofficial months gives actual prizes that it solicits from the public during the official month.
NaNoWriMo simply (but still a nice thing to get for "bragging rights") gives a certificate if you reach the word limit and do it in the time limit (including submitting it on time).
I decided to try out NaBloPoMo on the very next full month after finding out about it (sometime in mid-March). So today is the day to start.
Oddly enough, NaNoWriMo does have one thing other than it's official month of November and that is a script writing month that it later started that starts in, yes, April.
So perhaps that is a good omen for my trying NaBloPoMo for the first time this month. On the negative side of things, my computer broke two nights ago and is in for repairs with The Geek Squad.
Therefore, it will take a level of commitment to follow the only rules to NaBloPoMo, which is to write a blog every single day, on the exact day (ie. no backdating), for the month.
This will be a challenge for the first week or so of the month since my computer went in for repairs/cleaning today and won't be back for about a week. Till then, it's going to be daily trips to the public library.
Also, weekends count to in this contest so there will be no slacking off on Saturdays and Sundays. Wish me luck on this as I can be lazy and the trips to the library might be a bit of a nuisance.
Carmen

Update: I dropped out after about one day! So much for my level of committment being up to using the library daily. LOL. I guess I'll wait for next month or maybe even wait till November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a nice comment. I l-o-v-e comments. Thank you. The Management!