Friday, June 18, 2010

Finding Something New

Well, I was supposed to post yesterday but I forgot. In fairness to me though, I have some pretty exciting news that I had to "wrap my head around".

First of all I have to say thank you to my friend Andrew D (starbird) for joining my blog when I asked him to a day or two ago.

Next, the exciting news. I have just stumbled upon a blogger feature called help forum (I believe that's the correct name) which actually allows you (the blogger) to chat (well not in real time) with other bloggers in a forum.

Not only does this mean I am now connected to other bloggers but it gives me a(nother) way of promoting my blog - through the forum which is what the other bloggers also do. Yay.

The best news about this so far, is that in just the first 24 hours or less, two people from the forums have found me and joined my blog officially. Thanks to both Coltin1948 and fizzee rascal for joining.

As a more formal thank-you I will include both their addresses for you to check their blogs out when I find out their addresses (right now I just link to them on the site). Each one has had something funny/or informative posted within the last few days as I found out for myself when I checked them out myself.

Another person from the site named Amber, who goes by the name Scrappy Chick or something similar (it's too late in the evening - actually early morning - to check on this but it's basically right) came by and, while she didn't join (yet! - lol), did leave a nice comment on my "Feel The Love" post (the Keanu Reeves mini-post).

I am finishing writing this "long" after I time-stamped this (about two days) and as I said it is late at night/early in the morning so I am adding on something that happened after (by a day or so) the help forum news.

I was looking at my list of blogs I follow and trying to decide which, if any, I could delete so I could add some of the forum people that add me (since, as I think I've said in a previous post, I am at my blogger limit of blogs to follow).

I only got to look at about 3 to 5 different blogs out of the 200 or 300 (whichever is the limit - I can't remember) when I came across something in someones comment section (since I was reading "sample" posts to see whether I "could" delete the blog or not) that caught my attention.

It was a offer to the blogger in question to submit an interview to something called bloginterviewer.com. It had a link so I checked it out and it offered the chance for bloggers like myself who chanced upon it to submit an interview to the site.

I am now officially on bloginterviewer.com. You can find me if you search through the 3 categories I picked to fall under (you were allowed a maximum of three). These are books and writing, movies and randomness.

I am hoping both these things will add to my blog's "stickiness" and bring traffic to my site. Only time will tell but I have a good feeling on both of them. So far, so good. I have left comments on several others interviews so maybe they will get back to me.

Carmen

P.S. I added a new widget/gadget to the sidebar. It is a refrigerator "toy" that you can leave "magnet messages" with. Unfortunately, there is a glitch. I don't cut & paste as I've said before, so I added it the "automatic" way and it is slightly too big so you can't use the letters I or R. LOL.

Till this is fixed use the -/_ key from the numeric feature. It's actually a - that you lower into the _ position. This makes it like a wheel-of-fortune puzzle. LOL. Feel free to leave me a message. It is at the bottom of my sidebar just under the Vanity Fair linkup. I look forward to reading your messages - just be nice! :)

The C.A.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a nice comment. I l-o-v-e comments. Thank you. The Management!