Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Post #75 - And Some Exciting News!

Well people for someone who was in such a hurry to post several things the last time I posted so that I could be at Post #75 right away, it's taken 9 days to post again. LOL. The reason for this sad state of affairs has little to do with me.

It's all F.J.'s fault. Or Blogger's. Or both. Definitely not mine. When in doubt, find someone else to blame. Seriously, though I blame one or both of them (haven't figured out which yet) because I was going to let F.J. do my 75th post as a guest.

First of all, I had to get in touch with him to tell him I was at the 75th post that we agreed upon that he would write, then he had to figure out what he wanted to write about (should've thought of that earlier) and then the problems really started.

Even after I gave him my username and password (trusting soul that I am - actually not really, F.J. is just particularly trustworthy) he tried to sign in not once but twice (or more) and it just didn't work.

I was waiting and waiting for it to work for him (if at first you don't succeed...) so I kept waiting as the days ticked by. This was a bit agonizing for me as I have a pattern of posts to complete by the end of the month.

That pattern means I need 3 more after this post I believe, so I really wasn't looking forward to glomming them all together again. But here goes. First, for Post #75 other than mentioning that F.J.'s post was the surprise I had planned I will tell you that on last Thursday which was June 24th I finally submitted to AAYSR.

That, for those who don't know, stands for Ask And Ye Shall Receive. That is the "extreme" blog review site - address - http://www.iwillfuckingtearyouapart.com that I talked about submitting my blog to quite a while back.

I said originally, I think, that I would do it at about 50 posts and then changed that to 75 or 100. Well 75 is here and I thought - now's the time. If I waited any longer I might just have changed my mind. They are tough after all.

I'm not sure when I will get my review. They listed two different time frames in two different places. On their website (at least way back when I read their submission rules) they said that it would likely take 2 to 3 months to get to submissions.

However, when I actually did my submission and got the reply email (time-stamped one minute after I typed in as my submission time - talk about making quick work of things) the e-mail said it would be more like a couple (2 - 3) weeks! Go figure.

Well, hopefully it is sooner rather than later as I am dying to see my review and the hoped for surge in traffic it brings with it. Hopefully I will get a friend to install (or at least help me install) a site-meter/traffic-counter before then.

Carmen

P.S. In the next post I will mention some other exciting (well to me anyway!) news that didn't "fit" with this post.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry CAT, I tried to help you but something went wrong and I couldn't sign in to leave the post you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FJ - I'm the one that is sorry. I thought it was just a mildly amusing "faux rebuke" I made in my post - I didn't mean to offend you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not offended. I'd say, It just was little time and bad luck at the end.
    May be we can try again for your post #100 LOL.

    FJ.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a nice comment. I l-o-v-e comments. Thank you. The Management!