Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Today Is A New Day

So, first off some sad news. I can't be too specific because I am kind of under a gag order of sorts but I am not allowed to blog about 1 of my friends (I only have a few so it makes a difference - LOL). I am not even allowed to use initials. Oh well, I guess some people are afraid of too much limelight. LOL.

Next up, the phone (my cell) just rang with an odd ringtone - the kind that tells you it's a restricted (unidentified) number. Turns out it was my callback from my friend Kevin. He just moved out into a new place at the beginning of the month and I was waiting for him to call with his number. But because, he called at like 6:15 pm I told him to call back on my home phone since my cell isn't free minutes till 9:00 pm! So I'm waiting for what seems to be an eternity when he finally calls back. Note to self: Get number then hang up, just in case. LOL. Anyway, all's well that ends well. Well enough anyway. Which brings me to ...

... the "Kevin Contest". I promised to get back to my readers (if any of you actually exist here in the Edmonton area! - LOL) about this potential contest after vetting it with the man himself. Heres the idea -- My friend Kevin looks a teeny bit like the newest thing to hit Hollywood - drumroll please! - Bradley Cooper. A pudgier, not quite as good looking Bradley Cooper, but Bradley Cooper none the less. (Which is why I have taken to calling Bradley Cooper HOLLYWOOD KEVIN - LOL)

Well, the idea was, since Kevin is not seeing anyone right now and everyone loves a movie star - so maybe everyone would like a lookalike, I could generate traffic to my site with a WIN A DATE WITH KEVIN contest. You will note that I ended that last sentence with the word contest not capitalized. Sadly, the contest is on hold. It's a good news, bad news type of thing. The good news is that he didn't flat out say no! - LOL - he just kinda laughed a little. The bad news is we are at the strictly maybe stage.

Needless to say, he wanted the right to pick through the pile of would be contestants - which I said was not a problem as I kind of expected that. Also, I suggested we could establish some guidelines such as only Goth girls apply - LOL. That is just an example. So far no one has been excluded. Including guys! (Just kidding, Kevin). So anyway, the best I can do now is keep the idea fresh in his mind and keep y'all posted.

Carmen

2 comments:

  1. If I were single, I'd have asked you for a contest for men... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. But I don't have any friends that look like Morgan Fairchild for you so I guess it's better that you are married.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a nice comment. I l-o-v-e comments. Thank you. The Management!