Monday, July 12, 2010

Free Slurpee Day

Was yesterday. :( I missed it. Even though my niece Larissa works there. And we spent the day together celebrating her mom's/my sister's retirement. %&*$#@ Larissa. Can't get good help!

I guess I should have remembered myself as it is my 3/4 year birthday (07-11-10) and it's on "Slurpee's Anniversary" every year for the last several. Oh well, I guess there is always next year.

Besides a not getting a U.S. 7.11 ounce slurpee probably isn't the end of the world as we know it. Probably. Although when I found out about missing slurpee day late last night/early this morning I was very, very sad!

When I called Larissa's to bitch at her about this her daughter, "Sam", answered the phone. Naturally Larissa was at work. So I tried to convey the deep anguish I had felt to my great-niece. No luck. Even though she was a "slurpee baby" (7pounds 11 ounces - seriously!)

When I told her that I was mad at her mom and proceeded to unveil the reason why (the tell-tale date - 07-11) she knew right away what I was getting at. Yet, there wasn't a hint of sympathy. Damn those recessive genes. LOL.

Anyway, I guess that is my rant for the day. Now to the question of the day. Did any of you in Canada and the U.S. miss out on Free Slurpee Day too or were you one of the lucky ones who actually remembered or chanced upon it?

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a nice comment. I l-o-v-e comments. Thank you. The Management!