Thursday, March 3, 2011

The CBC Doesn't Always Stink - Who Knew?

Just something quick. For two weeks over the course of several more weeks I have listened to CBC One on the radio. While I wasn't so impressed that I have anything to really quote here I would like to say, for the record, that CBC doesn't appear to be as boring as I thought it was.

The thing that they could change is that lame "ticker-tape" music they use between shows. It seems dated or "CBCish" (probably what I meant by thinking that CBC was so boring). The shows I have listened to are on in the early afternoon on Saturdays.

The one I most remember dealt with several different authors of various types of books. They speak to each author separately in different segments of probably about twenty minutes each. One of the most interesting dealt with a man who was both the son and grandson of scientists.

I urge you all, if you live in Canada or if you get the CBC internationally to check out the programming on Saturday afternoons at the very least. If nothing else you may find one or two books that you write down to look for during your next trip to the library.

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a nice comment. I l-o-v-e comments. Thank you. The Management!